Become a ZooLab ranger in 2018! Applications now OPEN!
Training course commences Monday 19th February 2018
Initial 6 month contract: February – July 2018
Full training given!
Please send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Are you on the lookout for an extremely rewarding, unique career which allows you to work with both children and animals? Are you looking to change perceptions and educate on all aspects of the natural world?
We are now on the lookout for enthusiastic, dynamic educators from across the UK to join our exclusive presenting team.
The successful applicants will have a passion for animals and a desire to educate others on a variety of topics including Habitats, Lifecycles and Classification.
They will be unique and engaging in your presenting style, with the ability to deliver amazing animal encounters to all audiences - from baby sensory classes and storytelling in nurseries to curriculum relevant topics and exam revision in school settings, all the way up to animal therapy sessions in care homes.
Those who excel in the initial 6 month contract will be considered for permanent employment.
We are interested in hearing from people from all walks of life, although previous experience in a conservation/ education setting is desired.
We welcome applications from across the UK.
- You must be able to keep a small selection of exotic animals and small mammals at home with you (upkeep covered via expenses)
- You must have your own vehicle in good working order which you are happy to use on a daily basis (petrol covered via expenses; daily car allowance provided);
- You must undergo an enhanced CRB check (covered by the company);
- You must be willing to work within a 60 mile radius of your home postcode (subject to change dependant on diary requirements);
- You must be available to travel to Central Scotland for an initial training course from 18 – 23 February 2018 (travel, accommodation and expenses covered by the company);
- You must be happy to work to monthly targets set across a range of key areas.